Career Opportunity: Field Medical Director
Zynerba Pharmaceuticals is searching for a creative, collaborative, experienced, and self-motivated Field Medical Director that will be responsible for the hiring, leadership, and direct management of our Medical Affairs field team for our lead drug, ZYN002. The Field Medical Director will oversee and facilitate the strategic and tactical execution for key Medical Affairs initiatives including: developing and expanding relationships with key stakeholders (KOLs, medical/scientific community, HEOR, and advocacy); compliant resource development and respective utilization of materials for scientific exchange; pre-launch and launch activities; and, supporting Zynerba research, both Ph3/P4 studies and pipeline development programs. The Field Medical Director will participate on cross-functional teams to ensure strategic and operational excellence for the Medical Affairs department, and be responsible for sharing key learnings with the appropriate Zynerba executive leadership team.
The preferred location for this position is in our Devon, PA office and will report to the Head of Medical Affairs.
- Recruit and manage up to 9 Regional Medical Science Directors
- Lead the organization in applying advanced field based medical and scientific experience, subject matter knowledge, and skills in supporting medical strategies for ZYN002
- Maximizes and leverages thought leader relationships by identifying mutually beneficial opportunities that meet the strategic objectives:
- KOL development
- Patient advocacy
- Evidence generation and HEOR to support
- Ensures the appropriate dissemination of clinical and scientific information regarding marketed and pipeline compounds in a timely, ethical and stakeholder-focused manner
- Coordinates the collection and interpretation of medical insights and feedback gathered from scientific exchanges with thought leaders and communicates relevant information to internal stakeholders in order to define, update, and support medical strategies
- Facilitates investigator-initiated trials (IIT) aligned with Zynerba’s medical strategies
- Coordinates, sets and administers content and processes for unsolicited requests for medical information from health care professionals
- Leads or designates to his/her team members, project and vendor management responsibilities for key Medical Affairs initiatives: Medical Information, Medical Communications, Evidence Generation/HEOR, Safety/PV, etc., with goal of aligning individual team members skillsets/interests to critical workstreams
- Develop strategy, tactics and execution plan for medical and scientific conferences/meetings
- Implements clinical and educational strategies in collaboration with other Zynerba colleagues for designated stakeholders that include potential clinical trial site placement
- MD, PhD, DO, PharmD, or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Experience in Rare disease, Preferred: Neurology, Psychiatry, Behavioral, Pediatrics, and/or product launch
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical or biotech related experience, previous leadership role in Medical Affairs (i.e., managing direct reports and vendor/project management)
- Strong clinical knowledge including pharmacotherapy, treatment guidelines, clinical research processes, evidence generation/RWE, medical expert engagement strategies, and FDA promotional guidelines, regulations, and ethical guidelines applied to the pharmaceutical industry is required
- Excellent communication skills including well versed in highly technical and scientific languages in order to communicate effectively with health care professionals, researchers, and other external and internal stakeholders
- Experience supporting payors’ medical/scientific initiatives
- Proven track record of teamwork, leadership, timely decision making, and results orientation in meeting objectives
- Minimum of 60% overnight travel may be required.
Apply for this Position